Stress can have effects on an individual physically, mentally, and emotionally. A number of factors can determine how stress affects the body, including the stressor and what an individual perceives as stressful, the duration and intensity of the stressors, and the body’s biochemical response due to these stressors.
- Engage the following points in your discussion:
- In 2-3 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- Think of a major stressor you are experiencing or have experienced in the past. In what ways did you implement primary and secondary appraisals in your efforts to deal with this stressor?
- During your stressor experience, regarding the fight-or-flight response, did you feel the overwhelming need to fight the stressor and overcome it, or flee from the stressor to avoid further harm? Please discuss.
- Describe the physiological signs and symptoms you experienced due to the stressor.