jc 200 words 1st discussion
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman is a Christian “warrior” who is a former Army Ranger, law enforcement officer and West Point psychology professor. He brings perspective to the discussion of what having a “warrior mindset” looks like, as well as how Christians can bring honor to the position of promoting justice in a fallen world.
This will be a great activity for watching the Prayer Breakfast Lecture by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, who is also the author of one of the texts in this course titled: On combat: the psychology and physiology of deadly conflict in war and in peace.
- Watch the video titled Dave Grossman Speaks on Being a Warrior provided in the link below.
- Prepare to discuss what Lt. Col. Grossman calls the “warrior mindset.” Ensure the following points are addressed:
- Respond to Grossman’s “warrior mindset” and what it takes to be a “sheep dog.”
- Discuss your initial impressions of what it takes to have a “warrior mindset” and how this integrates with a biblical worldview.
- Include at least one biblical reference in your discussion.