2nd one 200 words
This activity will help us better understand how stressors impact the body, including a detailed understanding of the Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS) and Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS). It is important to note that these two nervous systems work in tandem and are functions of the autonomic nervous systems (ANS). Be prepared to discuss the negative health effects of chronic overstimulation of the SNS, as well as health risks for those experiencing chronic stress and trauma.
- prepare to discuss the following points:
- Describe the SNS and PNS and how they function collaboratively.
- Discuss how overstimulation of the SNS negatively affects the body.
- Outline symptoms of stress-related disorders that can be impacted by over-stimulation of the SNS, including behavioral (i.e. physiological) and psychological (i.e. mood, attitude) factors.
- Appropriately integrate reference support (where appropriate) from the texts to support your discussion.
Support your work with scholarly academic resources, textbooks, or other sources provided. Quoting or paraphrasing from any source in discussion posts requires APA format by including an in-text citation and listing the reference at the end of the post.