jc 2 pages due tomorrow by 10 p.m
We have now explored a variety of social psychological topics, as well as the theories proposed to explain societal influences on individual behavior. In order to demonstrate a higher understanding of the concepts, we need to learn to apply them to real world situations. This assignment will provide you an opportunity to place yourself in the leadership position of a group, and synthesize several of the concepts we have explored in the readings to apply what we have discussed. This real world applicability will allow you to not only better understand the concepts, but also remember and be able to apply them more effectively in your future professional roles. We need to have an academic foundation of knowledge, but we also need to be able to demonstrate how this knowledge is usable in a variety of scenarios.
- Imagine you have been elected by the college to lead and organize a group that helps to embrace cultural diversity on campus. You are required to not only lead the group, but you also need to recruit group members, and unite members in an overall goal. Discuss how you could act as an effective and charismatic leader for others to promote the attitude of embracing cultural diversity and achieving other desired group behaviors. Draw upon social psychological research and concepts and discuss how you will attract members to join your group and persuade them to align with the group’s messages and goals. Provide strategies to combat social loafing in your group, discuss types of conflict that could occur within the group, and provide a means of conflict resolution to address these issues. Discuss peacemaking strategies that can be employed to resolve group conflict and promote the group’s long-term sustainability. Finally, reflect upon the Lord’s leadership of your Christian lifestyle.
- Write a 1-2 page paper describing the goals of your group, the role you have as a leader, how you will recruit members and influence behavior, and how conflict resolution will be applied. Also ensure the following points are addressed:
- Identify characteristics you as a leader possess that will promote group unity, gain followers, and allow for peacemaking, if necessary.
- Identify 3 methods of persuasion you will use to recruit group members, as well as promote goal achievement and prevent social loafing.
- Identify 2 possible sources of conflict that could occur within the group, as well as 2 peacemaking strategies one could use to resolve these conflicts.
- Reflect upon Christ as a leader in your own life, what characteristics would you hope to emulate?
- Ensure you have an introduction, conclusion, and at least two scholarly resources to support your writing.
Ensure that you use the Paper Writing rubric to guide your efforts and support your work with scholarly academic resources using APA format.