Guys help me pls
II. Choose the correct variant – A, B, C or D-to complete the following sentences.
1.Sir Isaac Newton invented calculus.
A. invented B. had invented C. had been inventing D. was invented
2. You … part-time in a bank last year.
A. was working B. worked C. had worked D. have worked
3. People … water mostly from streams , lakes and rivers.
A. used to get B. was used to get C. had used to get D. used to getting
4. I … in a small house in the country when I was a child.
A. had used to live B. used to live C. was used to live D. used to living
5.I … to bed when suddenly I heard a strong noise.
A. had gone B. was gone C. had been going D. was going
6. Everything happened so unexpectedly . Mr. Rich … on the phone , I was sorting out the papers, and I was standing over there by the window.
A. was speaking B. had been speaking C. had spoken D. spoke
7. They … all the preparations for the fancy-dress ball by 5 o’clock.
A. completed B. had completed C. had been completing D. was completed
8.They … partners for some ten years before I met them.
A. was B. had been C. was being D. been
9. They … at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
A. waited B. was waiting C. had waited D. had been waiting
10. We … for her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
A. was looking B. looked C. had been looking D. had looked
11.The cost of any choice … the option or options that a person gives up.
A.is B.is being C. has been D. have been
12. Other buildings under threat ... Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
A. has been including. B. include. C. includes D. has been included.
13. Gabi … me that she is getting married.
A. told B. tell C. has just told D. have just told
14. According to research, the demand for alternative medicine ... recently.
A. rise. B. was rising . C. had been rising D. has risen.
15. I’m tired. I … all day.
A. have been ironing B. has been ironing C. have ironed D. has ironed
16. Put your wallet away, I… for everything.
A. have already paid B. paid C. have been paid D. has paid
17. She … this coffee machine for three years.
A. has been using B. have been using C. use D. are using
18. Calm down, Liz. John …! He has got the job!
A. has just phoned B. phoned C.is phoning D. phones
19. The shares …in value since we bought them.
A. have been doubling B. have doubled C. is doubling D. doubles
20. Alex has wanted to go to Tibet, but he …never … such a chance.
A. had B. has… had C. has D.is having