jc discussion 2
Almost nightly, the news report incidences of workplace or school violence. Some incidences were handled better than others. Some have become a public relations nightmare for those businesses or institutions. You might never experience anger, aggression, or bullying at this macro level but perhaps you may experience these things on an interpersonal level. Each of these are a form of conflict and, as we have learned, no conflict has a one-size-fits-all pathway to resolution. As a means to increase our learning, we want to evaluate a current events case to discover what was done right and what could be improved. Learning to evaluate mistakes will prevent us, hopefully, from making those same mistakes ourselves in conflict management. Likewise, learning from others’ successes will help us understand best practices in particular scenarios.
Each of you, because of your vocational choices and training, will view and respond to acts of anger, aggression, and bullying differently. Discussing these differences will not only allow us to learn from one another but also view these acts through different lenses.
- Google Jandt Conflict and Communication chapter 6
- Discuss the following points related to this topic:
- Pick a current events case that deals with either workplace aggression or school violence/bullying. Be sure to include a link to the case in your discussion.
- Once you have read about the case, evaluate the different aspects of the conflict.
- Identify expressions of anger and aggressive traits as explained by Jandt.
- Once you’ve identified these traits, examine how the case was resolved (if it was resolved).
- Discuss how the resolution was connected to the types of traits that were displayed by the aggressor and assess whether or not it was an effective resolution.
Support your work with scholarly academic resources, textbooks, or other sources provided. Quoting or paraphrasing from any source in discussion posts requires APA format by including an in-text citation and listing the reference at the end of the post.