week 4 discussion 200 words only
Objective 1: Identify standards of ethical behavior for human services professionals.
As a member of the family of helping professionals, it is important that we do good (beneficence) and do no harm (maleficence). Ethics codes are designed for the helping professions to help guide behavior so that these two tenets can always exist and flourish. It stands to reason, then, that we should be familiar with the standards of the ethics code for human services professionals.
- Read Ethical Standards for Human Services Professions
- Prepare to share in discussion the following points:
- Summarize two standards from the list of 44 in the article.
- Describe why your two chosen standards are important to you.
- Why do you think it is important (Standard 16) to advocate for social justice and seek to eliminate oppression?