week 3 discussion
Objective 1: Identify current trends driving the present and future of human services in terms of delivery and quality of services.
Technology has been growing by leaps and bounds over the last 20+ years, and it has affected all aspects of human functioning. Still, people have basically not changed. We still need food, medical care, work, good relationships, etc. In our world, people are both more connected through technology and yet more isolated than ever before. Paradoxically, living in America, the most prosperous nation in the world, many people still struggle to receive even adequate services. In the following discussion, we will examine how human services agencies can navigate through the ever-changing climate of challenges – successfully.
- Watch the video rEvolutionary Leadership Model for Human Services by the Alliance Center on Leadership
- Read the article 5 Trends Driving the Future of Human Services
- Prepare to share in discussion the following points:
- Summarize 2 of the 5 trends listed in the article.
- Identify potential benefits that could be realized from each trend.
- How might these trends impact your faith walk? For example, if you fear technology, would you reconsider your calling from God in leadership? Or perhaps you realize that you need God even more, and your faith becomes stronger.