week 2 RC discussion 200 words
Objective 1: Define critical thinking and describe how these skills can be acquired and applied in human services leadership positions.
Back in 1956, Benjamin Bloom developed a system, or taxonomy, of educational objectives. An educational psychologist with the University of Chicago, he thought that learning occurred in the cognitive, affective, or psychomotor domain. Although his original paradigm is still used widely, it has been updated and is now being applied to digital practices.
- Read the article The Best Critical Thinking Tools Aligned with Bloom’s Taxonomy by Lee Watanabe Crockett
- Prepare to share in discussion the following points:
- How would you define critical thinking?
- Summarize the six key terms in Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy.
- How can a person learn critical thinking skills and utilize them in this global, digital age?