jc discussion NO TITLE PAGE FOR DISCUSSIONS
This is an exciting activity where we will develop a theological framework to building resilience and responding to unplanned change. It is important to identify a character from Scripture who used adversity and unplanned change to grow and become much more than they could have been, had they not experienced the stressful life change or adversity. Highlight how God used adversity to bring about His purposes.
- Research specific Scripture passages as you describe your chosen character in this discussion.
- Prepare to discuss the following points:
- How does God use adversity in the lives of those who follow him (or those who have rejected him)?
- How did this adversity or going through trials strengthen the person identified?
- What encouragement can you offer someone who struggles with why God “allows” difficult life events to occur to Christians?
Support your work with scholarly academic resources, textbooks, or other sources provided. Quoting or paraphrasing from any source in discussion posts requires APA format by including an in-text citation and listing the reference at the end of the post.