Chapters 1 & 2 Questions - The Elevated Communicator Book
Read chapters 1 & 2 for The Elevated Communicator by Maryanne O'Brien and then answer the questions below. I attached screenshots of chapters 1&2 and numerically organized below.
1. What is at the top of the list of what recruiters and employers look for from around the world when hiring?
Is the ability to communicate effectively hard-wired (i.e., built into your DNA, a personality trait that you either have or don't)?
2. What is a "style gap"?
3. Employees who have a best friend at work are how many times more likely to be engaged in their jobs, produce higher-quality work, and have a greater sense of well-being?
4. What does it mean to become an Elevated Communicator?
1. What is the benefit to when your brain operates in autopilot mode?
2. What percent of the time is our brain being directed and controlled by our subconscious (as opposed to our conscious) mind?
3. How many generations does our ancestral programming in our DNA go back?
4. What is confirmation bias?
5. What is the relationship between the thalamus, the amygdala, and the prefrontal cortex?
6. Explain what this phrase means, "the nerve cells that fire together wire together"?