due today 200 words
The prosecutor's role sets the stage for the criminal and the charges he or she will be facing. Prosecutors have a tremendous amount of discretion and can choose to prosecute only the cases that they know they can win. Prosecutors are also political and can make decisions based on their supporters. They take an oath to prosecute the defenders fairly and to consider the victim’s wishes and concerns. Prosecutors face ethical issues on a daily basis on charges and the amount or severity of charges. Decisions on charges impact who enters the system, who is not charged with a crime, and the significance of the charges. Prosecutors play a critical role in the criminal justice system.
- Discuss the following points related to this topic:
- Explain the difference between the ethical obligations of a defense attorney and the ethical obligations of a prosecutor.
- Explain how these different roles may affect their responsibilities in a criminal trial.
- Consider biblical worldview applications (i.e. Creation - Fall - Redemption) and how both attorneys and prosecutors can seek redemption for all involved
- Be sure to cite specific Scripture that supports your understanding. Explain how these different roles may affect their responsibilities in a criminal trial.
Support your work with scholarly academic resources, textbooks, or other sources provided. Quoting or paraphrasing from any source in discussion posts requires APA format by including an in-text citation and listing the reference at the end of the post.