In order to better understand Corrections we must look at and research the past. We need to have a better understanding of what has worked and what needs improvement. The big question is, have we learned over the years how to successfully maintain care, custody, and control and still help an inmate work their way back into society?
- Watch the following video (Eastern State Penitentiary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikUWU3cbq8&list=PLtTB9gcbVDJduQJe2morPWubK7KxWx_0D
- Write a two page ONLY that explores the history of corrections.
The following elements should be included:
- What did the author mean by benevolence reform?
- What are the primary reasons for the move from public torture to imprisonment?
- What is meant by social control?
- Provide at least two sources. If you cite a dictionary, it will be in addition to the required two sources. The Bible is not to be listed on the References page, but does have to be cited in-text.
Purchase An Answer Below