js 2nd discussion
Objective: Examine the artistic, intellectual movements, and scientific innovations behind the Renaissance.
Between approximately 1350 and 1453 at the conclusion of the 100 years' war, a rebirth occurred in Europe. This rebirth, or Renaissance, can be defined holistically in five major themes – Humanism, Secularism, Individualism, Rationalism, and Virtu. In your discussion address the following:
- How did the Black Plague impact Europe?
- How did the art of the Renaissance reflect a new spirit of humanism?
- Why did the Renaissance begin in Italy?
- What were the spiritual challenges of the Renaissance?
- Use the discussion rubric to guide your initial posted response and responses to other posts.