Objective 4: Examine motivational theories for leadership and assess the supporting arguments.
In order to function more effectively in the fast-paced, highly stressful environment of human services, you, the leader, need to understand how your employees think and feel. In this way, you will be able to positively influence productivity without alienating them and hopefully avoid burnout.
- Write a three-page (750-word, double-spaced) paper that addresses two of the three motivational theories (Maslow and Herzberg) discussed in the Fisher article.
- To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need to be thoroughly addressed:
- Briefly summarize Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and Herzberg’s two-factor or motivator-hygiene theories presented in the article.
- Discuss how each theory could be helpful to a manager or administrator.
- Why do you think it is important to be able to motivate employees in today’s environment of high productivity and high turnover due to poor working conditions?
- Reference at least two scholarly sources (or more).